Saturday, April 17, 2021

I was piecemealing my building - a little here and a little there. I started building for the scavenger hunt then worked on the point quarter forest study (with lots of improvements) but never finished any of them yet. Then I began rebuilding the classrooms/meeting rooms. I finished with the rooms except I'm still working on the volcano and replacing the chairs in the flying saucer. BUT - after looking at the pictures, keep scrolling. I finished an educational activity for you to do. 

Flying Saucer Classroom with Presenter for teachers or presenters. Can be used for classes or meetings. I am needing to rebuild the chairs due to the scripts needing to suit the Kitely avatars rather than those formerly on Biome4Kids. 

 

Coral Reef steampunk submarine classroom/meeting room.

Treehouse classroom/meeting room. Note, this treehouse I built (originally in Second Life) was made fun of in an article about Second Life. As if classrooms have to be in brick buildings with seats all in a row. How boring. If you can have class in a treehouse - who wouldn't want to do that?



NOW - for the activity I have completed. BTW - these activities are not just for classes. Anyone can do them - learn something new every day! The soil and rock geology activities are up and ready to roll. There is a 90 minute autoreturn on the objects. I HIGHLY suggest that you name your objects (in the <General> tab) or you will end up with a bunch of stuff named "Object" in your inventory and finding what you are looking for is nearly impossible - especially when you've made a lot. If you link objects, make sure the last one is the one with the name or it will be a linked bunch of "Object". By the way, watch out for the dinosaurs. And, after getting the materials I am currently working on completed, I will be working on a fossil activity of some sort. If you have ideas or building skills and want to help - let me know. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, so things are progressing. I have built a cell platform. While I have, for years, used the one built by Max Chatnoir (a geneticist at ...